How to Fix HP Printer Offline in Windows 10
How to fix HP Printer offline in Windows 10 is […]
How to fix HP Printer offline in Windows 10 is a major query that users have after using their HP printers for some time. If you were worried about how to fix HP Printer offline in Windows 10, then you should know that this procedure is not that difficult and will only require a little time investment on your part.
Also Read : HP Printer Error C4EBA341
Learning more about HP Printer Offline in Windows 10
This error happens when the computer state that the HP printing device is offline? You should learn about fixing the wireless printer offline or simply change the printer settings from offline to online via the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool. Manual troubleshooting will be needed if the HP Print and Scan Doctor does not work in fixing the offline error message that crops upon the screen, HP DeskJet, PhotoSmart, OfficeJet, ENVY and other applications on Windows operating systems.
Steps to Resolve the HP Printer Offline in Windows 10
If the HP Print and Scan doctor cannot resolve the issue, then you should follow these steps:
- Manually set the default printer.
- Check the status of Windows Function Discovery services and then add in the IP/TCP port if required.
- Search Windows for the control panel for opening the Control Panel, hit View devices and printers and open this window.
- Right-click your printer and choose Printer Properties before clicking on Ports.
- Check if the printer makes use of WSD port, if not, skip this step. If it does, then Search for services and scroll through the list for finding Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication. Then check Status and Startup Type. If status shows Running and Startup Type is Automatic, move to the next step.
- If status is blank and Startup Type is Manual, right-click on name, choose Properties, set the Startup Type to Automatic and then click Start under the Service status. Click on OK.
- Come back to Devices and Printers, press F5 and click printer name.
- If printer is still offline, print the network configuration report from printer settings or Wireless menu.
- Right-click and choose Printer Properties, click Ports and then on Add Port.
- Choose Standard TCP/IP Port before clicking New Port.
- Follow instructions for new port addition through the information listed for the Network Configuration Report.
- Come back to Devices and Printers, press F5 and click printer name for viewing the status of the printer.
If the problem persists, you may have to create manual IP connection for the printer or fix the printer connection itself. You may also have to link the PC to the IP/TCP Port (Windows and network only). Contact Info Directory is the best place for finding service and support numbers of all leading manufacturers including Canon support, Epson, HP and more. This is a modern contact info directory that will help you immensely.