How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Wondering how to fix QuickBooks error H202? You should first […]
Wondering how to fix QuickBooks error H202? You should first learn more about what the error actually is. This means that on a multi-user based network, QuickBooks company files or QBW will be stored on a server based computer. All other computers linked to this network (which do not have hosting for the QBW files) will be known as workstations. Whenever any workstation does not succeed in accessing any company file located on another workstation, it leads to this error.
Major Reasons of QuickBooks Error H202
If you want to learn how to fix QuickBooks error H202, you should learn about the key causes behind the same.
- Incorrect configuration settings for hosting.
- Server computer’s firewall is blocking any outgoing and incoming communication.
- DNS Server conflicts.
- Inability to obtain IP address for host system at QuickBooks or the server which is hosting the company file.
- Internal QuickBooks solutions like QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX are not running on server computer.
- .ND (network data) file has been damaged/corrupted.
Steps for Fixing QuickBooks Error H202
Here are the key steps for a variety of solutions-
Testing Network Connectivity-
- Type Run in the search bar for opening the Run window.
- Here, type cmd in the search field before pressing Enter.
- Enter ping (server name) for pinging the server’s name from the workstation and then press Enter.
- If there is any packet loss or any slow reply, it indicates that the network has to be repaired swiftly.
Using File Doctor-
- Run the File Doctor Tool at QuickBooks for solving network problems that are blocking multi-user connections.
Here are some other steps to follow if the problem still remains unsolved-
- Ensure that server computer based firewall settings are not blocking QuickBooks and set firewall permissions accordingly.
- Make sure that QuickBooks services are properly running on the server machine. Type Run and then services.msc before pressing Enter.
- In the Services window, find and double-click QuickBooksDBXX.
- The QuickBooksDBXX Properties window will be shown. For the Startup Type, choose Automatic, ensuring that Service status is set to Started or Running. Or else, click Start.
- Choose Recovery and Restart the Service from the First Failure, Second Failure and Subsequent Failure drop-downs.
- Click on Apply and then OK for saving all changes.
- Repeat these steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
- After completion, open the QuickBooks application on all computers. Click on File and then Switch to Multi-user Mode option.
- You can also add your computer server to the Windows host file if the problem is still not solved. Browse the suitable path for opening the host file and double click on it.
- When the how do you want to open this file prompt comes up, select Notepad.
- In the hosts file, post the last IP address, enter in the IP address of the Server and then the name of the server.
- Choose Save from the file menu.
- Click on Exit.
- After this, open the company file in the multi-user mode.
Also Read : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
Some other solutions include creating a new QBW file folder, setting the hosting for local files, restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and also deleting and recreating the .ND file among others. If you require support and contact information for leading organizations across categories including QuickBooks, TurboTax Support, Microsoft, Canon, Epson and others, you can check out Contact Info Directory. Perform swift, accurate and reliable searches here for getting all the information that you desire at this modern directory.