How to Fix TurboTax Installer not Working
Are you thinking how to fix Turbo Tax installer not […]
Are you thinking how to fix Turbo Tax installer not working? Turbo Tax is a well known US software tool for tax preparation. It was developed in the 1980s itself and has become the most preferred application for tax purposes. For those thinking of how to fix Turbo Tax installer not working, you should know that the installation procedure may have problems cropping up sometimes. Some have reported inability to get Turbo Tax installed on Windows PCs while some have talked of how error messages sometimes show at certain stages of the installation procedure without any subsequent progress made.
Major Reasons of TurboTax installer not Working
There are several reasons that may come into play for this installation error. The thing is not such a major deal breaker and the biggest reason can be that administrator permission is lacking for the installer and it does not properly install until it is provided for the particular Setup.exe file as well. You may have to run the same in the compatibility mode for this purpose, particularly if you have an older version of Windows. It may be a problem with the antivirus tool and it may require swift reinstallation as well.
Read Also : QuickBooks Error H202
Solutions for Fixing TurboTax installation Issues
- Provide administrative permissions to the Setup.exe file.
- Go to the location of this file, either on the DVD drive used for installation or Downloads folder.
- Change its properties by right-clicking the entry and selecting Properties. Go to Compatibility in the window and check the box adjacent to Run this program as an administrator.
- In the Compatibility mode, check the box adjacent to Run this program in compatibility mode for the option in case it was not checked previously. Choose an older version for Windows and ensure that the last version is chosen before you are presently using. Exit while accepting these changes.
- Ensure that dialogs are confirmed by you for confirming all the admin privileges and the launcher should come up with the admin privileges. Open by double-clicking the icon and see if it installs smoothly.
- You can also reinstall your antivirus tool. Go to Control Panel and select View as-Category before choosing Uninstall a Program. If you are on Settings, then click on Apps. Find Turbo Tax in Settings or Control Panel before clicking on Uninstall. The wizard will open and follow instructions thereafter.
- Click on Finish when the procedure is completed by the uninstaller and restart the computer for seeing whether any errors come up. Visit the website of the company, download the file for the installation and reinstall once again.
- You can also press Ctrl+Shift+Esc for opening Task Manager. Alternatively, Ctrl+Alt+Del may be pressed as well. Click on More Details, search for msiexec.exe as the entry. Choose it and then click End Task. Go to Processes and repeat this method for Intuit Update Service entry. Confirm dialogs appearing prior to your attempt to end this task.
Related Article : TurboTax Error 65535
If you require proper information related to support services for TurboTax and QuickBooks support along with leading entities like Microsoft, Epson, Canon and others, you should use the modern online directory named Contact Info Directory. This helps with fast and accurate online searches minus any hassles.